NBLT Receives Grant to Purchase Rail Bed for D&L Trail
Posted on: November 7, 2014
Great News! NBLT has been awarded a state grant to purchase the old D&L railroad bed from Oliver Mills to the Seven Tubs Natural Area.
What is significant about this is that it will allow the Delaware and Lehigh National Heritage Corridor folks to continue with their rail-trail building efforts from White Haven to Wilkes-Barre. As you may know there is already a rail trail from Mountain Top to White Haven and from White Haven to Jim Thorpe and points south.
Hopefully in the near future we will be able to ride our bikes and hike on an unencumbered trail from Wilkes-Barre to White Haven and beyond.
- April 2017
- D&L Trail @ Seven Tubs
- June 2015
- Mocanaqua Highlands Protected in Perpetuity
- December 2014
- NBLT Receives Grant to Protect Nescopeck Creek Headwaters
- October 2014
- Charlene Wildes - Volunteer of the Year
- Taste the Local Harvest Event
- September 2014
- Kayak Raffle Winners Announced
- August 2014
- Gathering at the River Showcases our Howland Preserve
- June 2014
- The George and Lillian Picton Wildlife Sanctuary is Open!
- May 2014
- NBLT Thanks You
- August 2013
- NBLT Protects 385 Acres Along Bald Mountain
Phone: (570) 310-1781 | Fax: (570) 310-1791